September 11, 2010

Asian-ized Styles

Walking around the luxury malls in Hong Kong really makes me feel like I am in some other world or dream.  Every globally-known brand has been Asian-ized beyond recognition!  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that we are moving away from globalization, but this absurd localization completely destroys some brands.  

I remember drooling over the girlie, flowy dresses in the Jill Stuart New York boutique in Soho.  Their Spring '08 and '09 collections confirm they are still pretty like the old times.



















However, check out what I saw in the Jill Stuart store in the Elements Mall, which is holding the same season sale:

 

















For a moment, I seriously thought the salesgirls in the shop must really hated their job and played a joke on the brand.  Pardon my minimum knowledge on the retail industry, but I thought there are global standards that the local shops need to adhere to in some way?   I wonder what  Jill Stuart herself thinks about that see-through top and cropped pants display...

Just across from Jill Stuart is Daks - the classy UK brand often mistaken as a copy-cat of the locals-beloved Burberry's.  From the latest Fall/Winter '10 collection, we see simple classic ready-to-wear outfits:














Take a deep breath everyone... introducing the Fall/Winter collection of the same year in the grandiose Elements Mall...

 

... Bringin back the 90's tuck-your-skinny-pants-in-your-skinny-boots-trend.  Don't forget to add a hint of that classic pattern around the neck.  Oh and remember to tuck that neatly under the collar.  Now you can walk around proudly and buy more Asian-ized products in this shopping paradise of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment