September 3, 2010

Hello Kitty Nostalgia?

All my friends know I am a nostalgic person.  I kept quite a few of my childhood items: kindergarten artwork, the little monkey doll my dad got me when I was three, and of course, some of those cute Hello Kitty stationery.  Passing by this Hello Kitty adult clothing store in the MTR station every morning makes me wonder if nostalgia played a part in its popularity?  How can anyone bring themselves to wear these poorly designed clothes?!  Maybe they make women feel like five all over again? 

Oh don't be fooled by the Removal Sale sign that the shop is not doing well. Very often, I caught women rummaging through racks and checking themselves in the mirror holding the cute tops in this chain store, leaving me in awe...  I am just glad that there will be one less eye sore for me in my morning commute.

1 comment:

  1. the clothing seems to be for people with no legs; there is a sale for leg removal too.

    ReplyDelete